We would like to inform you of the changes we have implemented to reduce risk to you, your families, and our staff.
- We will be booking your appointments a few days in advance by phone or text message (incubation period for COVID). When you make your appointment, we will ask you a few health questions. If after our phone call and before your appointment you experience any symptoms, please contact us so we can reschedule your appointment.
- Please bring your own pen to use when filling out necessary forms at the practice.
- When you arrive please wait outside and call reception – 01452 332444
- Upon arrival please use the hand sanitiser provided. Your temperature may be taken. Please do not take any paracetamol before the appointment as this may make your reading inaccurate.
- Only the patient will be allowed into the treatment room to maintain optimum infection control. You may attend if you wish to sign the consent and then again wait outside to comply with social distancing and Public Health England guidelines. If there are any reasons you need to attend the clinical room, please call us to let us know – 01452 332444
- It is important to observe social distancing when you come into the practice. We have adapted the waiting area to make this easy for you.
- At the appointment we will explain the treatment update to your child, although if you would like to call for more information you are welcome to do so and we can confirm the treatment carried out and the next appointment.
- After the appointment is complete the next appointment will not be made in the surgery or at reception, we will organise it with you by phone in the next phase, when practices are more widely open.
- Any appointments that can be conducted virtually will continue to be performed virtually to reduce the risk of exposure.
- There will be no “drop-in” appointments and any emergency advice will initially continue to be provided via phone triage. Both these reasons are to comply with the pre-appointment COVID-19 and medical screening requirements.
- The team at Phoenix will be wearing the appropriate PPE for their role as per NHSE guidelines.
- We will do our best to allow more time between patients to reduce any waiting times and the traffic of people in the practice. We therefore now have to significantly reduce the number of patients we can see within sessions.
- Unfortunately we will now NOT be able to see any patients arriving late as this will compromise infection control time periods between patients.
- We recommend you use the toilet before you attend the practice.
- Any payments can be arranged to be taken online or over the phone.
Due to these guidelines, we will be seeing fewer patients per day so please be patient with us. We will see every patient at the earliest opportunity based on their clinical needs category.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & GUIDANCE
For emergency advise our practice telephone number 01452 332444 is available during normal working hours.
If after this further detailed emergency advise is required follow this link showing how to take photographs. Please send your photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org
For advice about making repairs to your brace at home please follow this link to videos on the British Orthodontic Society’s website.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you soon and safely.
If you have any further queries, please call us on 01452 332444.